Monday, September 6, 2010

new seller quick five - Red Tree Designs

new seller quick five - Red Tree Designs
madeit.com.au/Redtreedesigns

How did you find about madeit?

I was yearning for a good Australian online marketplace for handmade goods as being a seller at weekend markets was becoming a drain with a toddler and another on the way. A friend recently suggested madeit.com.au which I logged onto immediately. There it was - the perfect way for me to sell my eco-friendly dresses, skirts and bags to Australian buyers – and from home! I don’t know why I never found it before... I’ve been glued to the internet, sewing machine, raiding op shops for fabric or walking my sold packages to the post office ever since.

Explain your style?
Earthy, comfortable, natural and feminine (without being too girly...) I love reclaimed fabrics with natural, soft colours, interesting textures and vintage or slightly retro patterns. I also love dresses and skirts that are classic, flattering and simple styles as well as kids’ clothes that are simple, natural and comfortable.

What makes you happy?
Lately it’s having the day to myself and finding the most perfect, pristine (and preferably huge) piece of second-hand fabric in an op shop then going home and turning it into a dress/bag/skirt that I feel really proud off, then seeing it all beautiful and lovely in my ‘madeit’ shop (all while eating chocolate and listening to my boys playing happily near me).

What makes you sad?
I feel sad when I think of little kids without a loving family environment to make them feel safe. I also feel sad when I think of new materials being manufactured every day by people in sweat shops in developing countries to then be produced into clothing etc. by more people in sweat shops, the earth being polluted and the idea that we can be such a ‘throw-away’ society.

What can't you live without?
First of all - my lovely partner Matt and our funny little boy William. Second – the opportunity to be creative a little bit each day... and my sewing machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails